Videolink questions and answers
- How does Videolink work? A small Videolink microcomputer and webcam are connected to the receiver's TV, and it, as video calling up, can, so to speak, “remotely” control the receiver's TV, without the person having to do anything physical to receive a video call. The relative can then video ring up to the receiver's TV via a Video Link APP.
- How to buy / subscribe to Videolink? Videolink can be ordered via our online webshop on our website here: https://videolink.dk/shop/. Når man har modaget produket med GLS, tilsluttest udstyret til modtagerens TV jvf. medfølgende installationsvejledning
- What can you use Videolink for? Videolink makes it possible for a relative, for example, to have video conversations with an elderly family member through the elderly person's TV.
- How much does a Videolink subscription cost? The price is DKK 249 per. Month, and extra DKK 49 for a GSM sim card dongle, if the recipient of the video call does not have access to a WIFI router (it is our experience that we most often can NOT make use of public WIFI, such as a nursing home WIFI, so it requires its own WIFI router or the purchase of a GSM sim card dongle).
- Which TVs work for Videolink?
There are three different categories of TVs that are either compatible or incompatible with Videolink:1) Fully compatible TV: Here the TV will automatically return to the same mode (either in standby or flow TV or otherwise) as before the video call started when the video call ends.2) Semi-compatible TV: Here the TV will automatically switch off after the video call is completed.3) Incompatible TVs: Very old TVs may not work with Videolink, but this is something that our support investigates BEFORE we send the equipment to the customer.
Videolinks' automatic switching back to standby / flow TV, after the end of a video call, is so far only supported by HDMI TV signals from your TV provider or antenna association. If you have a COAX TV signal from, for example, an antenna association directly into your TV, the automatic Videolink functionality will not yet work, but requires manual operation via your remote control. We are working on a solution where you can buy a COAx DVB-C setup box, but this solution is not yet fully developed. Stay informed on our website or Facebook page, or contact our customer support for more info.
- How to cancel a subscription? As a customer of Videolink, you can cancel your subscription with a current month + 30 days. Termination must be done via Customer Service on tel. +45 7734 7055.
- What does it take for Videolink to work? See question number 5, then it requires that the receiver's TV is either categorized as Full-Combatable (1) or Semi-Combatable (2). If you buy the GSM SIM card dongle (because the recipient of the Video Call does not have a WIFI router), then it requires that there is indoor coverage on the SIM card at the person's residential address. See evt. coverage card here at our telecommunications provider: https://www.telia.dk/kundeservice/dakning-og-drift/dakningskort/ (remember to click on "Indoor coverage" when entering your address).
- What information is collected through? Videolink uses your personal information for a number of purposes, which are primarily for the purpose of fulfilling our contract with you. We mainly use your personal information to be able to manage your subscription and provide the desired services to you. As the owner, you can request insight into the personal data that is registered in relation to the subscription and the use of the services, etc. that are covered by the subscription.
- Is there an age limit for subscribing to Videolink? You must be 18 years old to be able to order a Videolink subscription.
- How long does the Videolink machine last? The Videolink machine is considered a PC but can last for many years. Should any problems arise with your Videolink equipment, we will send a new equipment and you will return the old equipment, and of course without any kind of calculation.
- Is it safe to shop at Videolink? Yes - we comply with all laws regarding GDPR, personal data, conditions etc. And we do not store unnecessary data or video calls etc.
- How do I contact Videolink? Contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone number on +45 7734 7055.