Videolink is a kind of "Facetime for TV", without the use of manual controls, such as keyboard, mouse or remote control. We call it “High Tech to Low Tech people”
A small Videolink microcomputer and webcam are connected to the receiver's TV, and it, as video calling up, can, so to speak, “remotely” control the receiver's TV, without the person having to do anything physical to receive a video call. Videolink is especially suitable for elderly, vulnerable dementia sufferers with disabilities who are not used to or do not have the ability to handle modern technology. We call it "presence at a distance", and are especially suitable as a communication solution during pandemics, such as COVID-19.
Advantages of Videolink:
- Large screen with really good picture and sound quality.
- No "buttons" on the recipient of the video call.
- Extremely simple to use.
- Secure end-to-end encryption of video connection.
- Opportunity for i.a. telerehabilitation and video consultations.
- Flexible system, so we can very easily adapt Videolink to your specific needs.
The purpose of Videolink is to:
- Eliminate deprivation and minimize loneliness - Initially among the elderly 80+.
- Self-help - does not require the involvement of eg the nursing staff.
- Include the elderly with their families, and in society at large.
- Increase the quality of life of the elderly.
- Increased well-being in the elderly through telerehabilitation and telemedicine.
- Relatives: create security and remove bad conscience.
- Connect the supplied hardware components with the cables to a TV.
- Connect power to Videolink micro PC.
- Scan the QR code with your smartphone to access the Videolink app.
- Click "Call" in the Video Link app, and the TV of the receiver will start automatically and the video call can start.
Videolink's technology platform is extremely flexible, so we can adapt our product to other technologies via eg APIs. It could be in health care, telemedicine, telerehabilitation, security solutions etc. So finally contact us if you see a need that we can solve for you or your municipality. Then we arrange a meeting to find out if we can solve your specific needs.
We call it “High Tech to Low Tech people”
There are three different categories of TVs that are either compatible or incompatible with Videolink:
Here, the TV will automatically return to the same mode (either in standby or flow TV or otherwise) as before the video call started, when the video call ends
Here the TV will automatically switch off after the video call is completed.
Very old TVs may not work with Videolink, but this is something that our support investigates BEFORE we send the equipment to the customer.
Videolink automatically switches between standby / flow TV / HDMI before and after video calls, but so far only supports HDMI TV signals from your TV provider or antenna association.
Has the recipient of the video call COAX TV-signal (around TV antenna connector) from ex. an antenna association directly into its TV, then the automatic Videolink functionality will NOT works 100%.
The video call still starts automatically on the TV, but after each video call ends, the TV will turn off (ie go into standby mode). When the TV is then to be used again, it requires the user to manually turn on the TV, and then press one or two buttons on the TV remote control (slightly different from TV model to TV model) to switch “ source channel ”, to return to flow TV - ie COAX (NB: COAX is most often referred to as“ TV ”in the menu on the TV).
Alternatively, you can buy a COAX DVB-C setup box, but then you have to live with two remote controls, and it is often not appropriate if it is about older ex demented people who are cognitively challenged with low technology understanding.
However, you can still benefit greatly from Videolink if you have COAX, and we have many COAX customers who can find out how to use a few taps on the TV remote control. But it requires a little more of the receiver, to be able to watch TV channels on his TV again, after each completed video call.
Contact our customer support for more information, and stay informed on our website or Facebook page, as we are constantly developing Videolink in relation to our customers' needs.