Videolink is a kind of "Facetime for TV", without the use of manual controls, such as keyboard, mouse or remote control. We call it “High Tech to Low Tech people”
A small Videolink microcomputer and webcam are connected to the receiver's TV, and it, as video calling up, can, so to speak, “remotely” control the receiver's TV, without the person having to do anything physical to receive a video call. Videolink is especially suitable for elderly, vulnerable dementia sufferers with disabilities who are not used to or do not have the ability to handle modern technology. We call it "presence at a distance", and are especially suitable as a communication solution during pandemics, such as COVID-19.
Advantages of Videolink:
- Large screen with really good picture and sound quality.
- No "buttons" on the recipient of the video call.
- Extremely simple to use.
- Secure end-to-end encryption of video connection.
- Opportunity for i.a. telerehabilitation and video consultations.
- Flexible system, so we can very easily adapt Videolink to your specific needs.
The purpose of Videolink is to:
- Eliminate deprivation and minimize loneliness - Initially among the elderly 80+.
- Self-help - does not require the involvement of eg the nursing staff.
- Include the elderly with their families, and in society at large.
- Increase the quality of life of the elderly.
- Increased well-being in the elderly through telerehabilitation and telemedicine.
- Relatives: create security and remove bad conscience.
- Connect the supplied hardware components with the cables to a TV.
- Connect power to Videolink micro PC.
- Scan the QR code with your smartphone to access the Videolink app.
- Click "Call" in the Video Link app, and the TV of the receiver will start automatically and the video call can start.
Videolink's technology platform is extremely flexible, so we can adapt our product to other technologies via eg APIs. It could be in health care, telemedicine, telerehabilitation, security solutions etc. So finally contact us if you see a need that we can solve for you or your municipality. Then we arrange a meeting to find out if we can solve your specific needs.
We call it “High Tech to Low Tech people”
There are three different categories of TVs that are either compatible or incompatible with Videolink:
Here, the TV will automatically return to the same mode (either in standby or flow TV or otherwise) as before the video call started, when the video call ends
Here the TV will automatically switch off after the video call is completed.
Very old TVs may not work with Videolink, but this is something that our support investigates BEFORE we send the equipment to the customer.
Fully compatible TV supports full HDMI CEC standard and will typically be from one of the major vendors, Samsung, SONY like. The TV can be new, or max 2 years old. There must be a minimum of 2 HDMI inputs.
After this, the TV must also have HDMI CEC activated during settings.
See guide here:
HDMI CEC has a different name after each manufacturer. Here is an overview:
- AOC: E-link
- Hitachi: HDMI-CEC (Thanks, Hitachi!)
- LG: SimpLink
- Mitsubishi: NetCommand for HDMI
- Onkyo: RIHD (Remote Interactive over HDMI)
- Panasonic: HDAVI Control, EZ-Sync eller VIERA Link
- Philips: EasyLink
- Pioneer: Kuro Link
- Runco International: RuncoLink
- Samsung: Anynet+
- Sharp: Aquos Link
- Sony: BRAVIA Sync
- Toshiba: CE-Link or Regza Link
- Vizio: CEC
A semi compatible TV vil være som ovenstående, men måske af en lidt ældre dato eller i den billige ende af TV-udvalget
Not compatible TV are typically models that are from 2017 or before. Of course, there is no sharp limit, as it depends on both make and model, but in general we have quite bad experiences with TV models from before 2017
If you are considering buying a new TV then find a store where there is a 30 day return policy or more so you can try it out with Videolink
We can recommend this Samsung TV from Elgiganten, which has been tested with Videolink:
After the video call is completed, the Videolink system automatically switches back to standby or flow TV mode without the recipient of the video call having to do anything.
Has the recipient of the video call COAX TV-signal (a round TV antenna connector) from an antenna association, directly into its TV, we offer (at no extra cost) rent of a so-called DVB-C setup box incl. an elderly-friendly DORO TV remote control. This means that we can have the COAX antenna signal converted to an HDMI signal, so that Videolink will also work for those customers who have the analog COAX TV antenna signal. This is selected in the order flow when you order Videolink on the page "STORE".
If you choose a "do it yourself" solution, it will require a little more to set up the Videolink COAX system, but if you choose our brand new installer offer, an installer will come out and set up the entire system and program the DORO TV remote control. , and tests that everything works as it should before the installer goes again. This is a brand new service offer, which we currently have an introductory price of only DKK 1.495.
Contact our customer support for more information, and stay informed on our website or Facebook page, as we are constantly developing Videolink in relation to our customers' needs.